Create Great User Interface and User Experience
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers; design graphic elements and build navigation components.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes for new product ideas
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Plan and implement new designs; optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Conduct ongoing user research
This position reports to the Head of Enterprise Systems Product.
Proven Design Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker; problem solver and customer-centered
- Good knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
Start Up Environment
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Babban Gona currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- This role would be based in Lagos.