We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
Create Great User Interface and User Experience
▪ Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
▪ Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
▪ Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
▪ Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers; design graphic elements and build navigation components.
▪ Develop UI mockups and prototypes for new product ideas
▪ Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
▪ Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
▪ Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
▪ Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
▪ Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
▪ Plan and implement new designs; optimize existing user interface designs
▪ Test for intuitivity and experience
▪ Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
▪ Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
▪ Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
▪ Conduct an ongoing user research
This position reports to the Head of Enterprise Systems Product.
Proven Design Experience
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
▪ Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
▪ Portfolio of design projects
▪ Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
▪ Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
▪ knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
▪ Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
▪ Good time-management skills
▪ Ability to discuss and explain design options
▪ Detail oriented
▪ Critical thinker; problem solver and customer-centered
▪ Good knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
Start Up Environment
▪ Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos.