1. Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
2. Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
3. Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
4. Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
5. Analyze the economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost-benefit and return-on-investment standards.
6. Organize and manage all levels or forms of service delivery which includes the design, analysis, training, testing, and setting-up of solutions.
7. Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
8. Oversee the acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
9. Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
10. It also includes analyzing various solutions to problems, stating why a particular solution (means of tackling a problem at hand) was chosen over others.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum five years of management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
Required Hard Skills:
Process Management, Project Initiation, Project Planning, and Scheduling, Documentation Development, Task Management, Project Control, Risk Management, Use of PM Tools
Organization, Teamwork, Prioritization, Research, Creativity, Critical thinking, Communication, Leadership, Diplomacy, Coaching, Cost control.
Detail orientated, Team orientated, Cautiously optimistic, Tenacious, Adaptable, Decisive, Responsible, Strong work ethic.
Relevant Certifications will be an added advantage:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PRINCE2 Foundation/PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management in IT Security (PMITS)
- Certified Project Manager (CPM)