- In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), your focus will be on managing the Upstream Integrated Gas and Downstream Gas fiscals, along with other Upstream fiscal issues as they arise. Specifically, to lead the provision of local tax advice on the Nigerian Gas Business, to ensure fiscal compliance and effective risk management as well as supporting business objectives & value creation.
- This will involve, amongst others, achieving a sustainable competitive rate of tax for Shell Nigeria Upstream Petroleum operations & gas assets, providing tax services to the Gas Directorate, and ensure effective value chain tax planning in conjunction with other tax advisers. Furthermore, you will support the CTM to provide local tax advice for Nigeria, to ensure fiscal compliance, effective risk management, and in support of business objectives and value creation taking into consideration the impact of future changes in tax legislation on the oil and gas industry.
- You will also assist the CTM in delivering accurate Tax advice and tax assurance submissions. This includes supporting external tax transparency for Nigeria.
- We are keen to hear from tax professionals who have at least 10 years of experience in upstream corporate tax, along with the appropriate educational, technical, and professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, or equivalent.
Beyond that, we would like to see the following on your Curriculum vitae:
- Extensive Local tax experience commensurate with the seniority of the role gained working for another multinational, or a professional firm. This is an individual contributor role.
- Ability in managing tax risks whilst supporting business objectives. Make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes commensurate with the seniority of the role.
- Flexibility in undertaking other activities as required.
- Ability to support the partnership with and reliance on Business and Integrated Gas Ventures (IGV) to make judgments on low-risk tax activities (provision of tools, documents, decision trees, etc.).
- Ability to lead high-performing teams and effectively coach and develop people for personal growth.
Tax is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements where feasible, and subject to applicable policy, regulations, and legislative frameworks. If appropriate, please make clear in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.