Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop and implement short/long term strategies for the bank and/or business groups
• Define and develop strategic initiatives with focus on research, analysis and recommendation development
• Translation of the bank’s long-term strategy for the annual strategic review/refresh cycle
• Develop recommendations for senior management on high-priority initiatives based on thorough review of business drivers
• Facilitate project management for implementation of strategic initiatives across the bank to materially improve effectiveness and performance of the bank
• Develop reports/presentations for the Board and senior management including research related to macroeconomic indicators, banking industry and relevant policies, competitive landscape, emerging trends, market sectors, etc.
• Coordinate and supervise detailed competitive, market, trend, economic and financial analysis to inform strategic decisions
• Conduct quarterly/annual business review sessions
• Develop innovation framework to be implemented by the bank
• Drive innovation across the bank – execution in line with agreed innovation framework
• Leverage innovation to further drive and embed transformation across business and functions
• Assess and identify priority areas for innovation and develop strategic and innovative recommendations for near term and long term benefit
• Cultivate effective collaboration and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of strategic initiatives and innovation (Key internal stakeholders include Business units – Retail, Commercial, Corporate, Technology, Operations, HR, Corporate Communications)
Key Performance Indicators
Positive appraisal from Unit Head of Strategy & Innovation, Champions, EXCO and other relevant stakeholders
Execution of specific projects as assigned and achievement of key metrics set by the CEO
Execution of projects within agreed timelines, budget and desired outcomes
Timely submission of high quality reports to relevant committees/CEO/Board.
Successful implementation of the innovation framework across the bank in line with agreed timelines and budget
Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for the successful execution of key strategic initiatives.
Positive performance using to-be established innovation scorecard/metrics for the bank
Minimum education level – First degree with minimum of 2nd class upper
Second degree in related field will be an added advantage
Membership of relevant professional body is mandatory
A minimum of six (6) years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years in financial services and/or /audit consulting firm.
Key Competency Requirements
Working knowledge of UBNs business offerings
Working knowledge of strategy, process improvement, business analysis
Good knowledge of Banking & Financial services landscape in Nigeria
Understanding of emerging trends and best practices
Strong analytical and business case development
Strategic thinking and structured problem solving
Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal Relationship Management
Good Relationship management skills
General managerial/ administration
Attention to detail
Natural curiosity with consistent drive to learn and push the envelope.
Thinks outside the box and dares to always be different