This role is for a developer who is passionate about big problems and practices excellence in service engineering. You should be comfortable working across layers and getting the big picture before diving into the actual solution.
You will have to consider factors like availability, security, and disaster recovery while serving the target scale and performance. You will develop micro services that are secure, scalable, resilient and available. As the owner of customer facing features, you will own the full lifecycle of the improvements including devops, metrics and iterating with customer feedback. In the team, you will have opportunity to mentor other developers and influence their work positively.
- Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem-solving and analytical) skills in agile.
- Develop designs that are complete from usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
- Write highly efficient clean code that can process large amounts of transactions with low latency and high reliability
- Design and implement cloud-based distributed systems load-balanced over hot/warm/cold storage solutions (blobs/parquet, cloud tables, in-memory distributed caches)
- Design and implement accurate and actionable internal monitoring and tooling to help maintain business SLAs and system health
- Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advance our services’ capabilities to its different stakeholders.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Gain an understanding of FSDH Newco businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services, using .NET and recently .NET Core.
- 5+ years of experience with Relational databases and/or No-SQL databases
- Proven experience as a technical peer-leader of a software engineering team, able to mentor and grow newer developers, organize and communicate complex technical concepts to business partners, and able to own and lead major features through design, development, and release.
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry, developing financial or payments systems is highly desired.
- DevOps or Full Stack experience: experience with operating highly available infrastructure and building APIs and services.
- Experience driving and establishing Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Be able to translate problem-solving techniques into code and have test-driven development mindset.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills, and demonstrated ability to build high-trust relationships
- Passionate, hungry, and eager to build FSDH into a world-class financial supermarket
- Full-time position
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, the usual working hours are from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm WAT. There will be a requirement from time to time to start work earlier or finish later as the role dictates.