We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
Quality Assurance for all the organization's Technical Products
▪ Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
▪ Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality
▪ Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
▪ Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
▪ Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
▪ Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
▪ Meet with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters.
▪ Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
▪ Lead the team in designing QA test procedures.
▪ Oversee the drafting of testing documents.
▪ Implement testing procedures and overseeing the QA process.
▪ Troubleshoot quality issues and modifying test procedures.
▪ Conduct analysis checks on product specifications.
▪ Review Quality Assurance reports.
▪ Ensure the successful deployment of products to the end-users.
▪ Respond to requests from the design team and management.
▪ Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
▪ Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
▪ Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
▪ Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
▪ Monitor debugging process results
▪ Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
▪ Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
▪ Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
This position reports to the Head of Enterprise Systems Product.
Proven Experience in Software Quality Assurance
▪ Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
▪ At least 5 years of working experience in a quality assurance position within a business in a fast-paced and constantly evolving market.
▪ Proven experience in database testing in SQL inclusive of experience in the design and manipulation of test data and the validation of stored testing procedures.
▪ Experience working with various QA tools inclusive of bug and defect tracking systems.
▪ Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
▪ Good understanding of one or more programming languages and strong working knowledge Java and Python scripting languages.
▪ Have extensive experience in analytics, high-level problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage project.
▪ Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Critical thinker; detail oriented.
▪ Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
▪ Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
▪ Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
▪ Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
▪ Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
▪ Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Start Up Environment
▪ Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos.