We are a start-up developing innovative technology solutions that solve key challenges for schools and parents. Ours is an innovative and entrepreneurial environment where employees will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of products that addresses local challenges in education.
This is a full-time position with remote work options. The ideal candidate should be University educated and have 3+ years’ experience developing innovative Fintech and/or enterprise software applications available as cloud solutions (Software as a Service). We offer competitive remuneration and stock options.
· Participating in the entire application development lifecycle, focusing on coding backend features.
· Designing and implementing robust/scalable technical architectures and databases.
· Integrating user-facing elements built by front-end developers with server-side logic.
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use while adhering to sound programming principles and best practises.
· Optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability.
· Implementing security and data protection features into our products.
· Writing clean code to develop new features or enhance existing ones.
· Gathering and addressing technical and design requirements.
· Maintaining our live products while ensure 99.99% availability and resolve production issues as they arise including troubleshooting and debugging applications.
· Building APIs that enables data sharing with partners
· Preparing technical application documentation
· Following emerging technologies.
· Coaching junior team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
· At least a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper. Post graduate degree holders also welcome to apply.
· 4+ years’ experience as a backend developer including responsibility as the Senior Developer on a major application development.
· In-depth understanding of the entire application development process (design, development, and deployment).
· Working knowledge of CMS framework
· Knowledge of application and data architecture with experience as the Technical Architect from one or more previous roles.
· Solid programming experience as a Python Developer.
· Strong knowledge and programming experience in Django framework. Must have developed at least 3 applications in Django previously.
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RESTful API.
· Experience with payment integration of Interswitch, Flutterwave or Paystack
· Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes. Good knowledge of Amazon RDS.
· Understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
· Proficient with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
· Solid experience with integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system.
· Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
· Must be familiar with at least one web server technology (Apache, Nginx etc)
· Understanding of how to manage hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes.
· Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
· Mastery of data migration, transformation, and scripting.
· Good knowledge of setup and administration of backups.
· Good knowledge of outputting data in different formats.
· Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
· Experience with implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
· Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
· Good analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to develop junior engineers.
· Experience with agile/scrum or DevOps application development methodology.
· Similar experience from a start-up / early stage company is preferred.
We are a start-up looking to grow rapidly and do offer competitive renumeration and career growth opportunities within our company to the right candidates.