- Serve as a subject matter expert on TCP/IP, routing, switching, LAN/WAN design, firewalls, load balancers, IP multicast, network design, implementation, and support.
- Deliver top-quality, performing work in a controlled and safe manner that ensures compliance with 99.99% uptime service level agreements.
- Perform real-time troubleshooting of production problems, quickly identify and resolve.
- Assist with forensic troubleshooting and root cause analysis studies of problems associated with applications, databases, and other components in the network.
- Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of as-built and new network deployments.
- Participate with other team members in 24/7 on-call rotation
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Microsoft MCSE certifications are a plus and practical experience supporting Enterprise Operations and Network Administration
- CCNA Certification recommended
- CCIA Preferred
- BSc Degree in Computer Science/Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years experience with Network and Windows System administration
- Experience leading and managing hardware and software asset review, negotiations, vendor, and contract management
- Solid understanding of TCP\IP and the OSI model
- Use of SolarWinds and other Network monitoring tools is a plus
- Network Management techniques and experience are required.
- Experience supporting and implementing Security Best Practices Network performance and bandwidth utilization using products such as Logic Monitor or equivalent
- Ability to design and document high-level architecture using Visio or equivalent tools
- Experience with Azure, O365, and other Cloud platforms