- Should be able to reduce machine downtime and ensure machines run smoothly for both process and tube/ finishing lines.
- Install and maintain machines applying standard engineering principles.
- Work on water, heat, gas, and steam-operated machines.
- Examine reasons for machine failure, locate and resolve problems in good time.
- Suggest remedial measures and give repair instructions to junior technicians.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards requirements by preparing standard Mechanical support.
- Continuous monitoring of all mechanical parts of machines to be able to identify or resolve all potential problems that may occur.
- Should have a good knowledge of Good manufacturing practices and 5S.
- Should be able to work in a safe manner when making repairs or installing new parts on machines.
- Should be able to suggest and implement optimum utilization of machines and overall cost reduction in the running of the plant.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential mechanical engineering activities for factory equipment.
- Maintain records of all important documents, equipment and logbooks.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of mechanical equipment and materials.
- Should be able to maintain good and accurate records of all mechanical parts and replace them when required.
- Estimating material, labour, or construction costs for budget preparation for new equipment installations.
- Preparing and executing timely preventive maintenance on all equipment to reduce downtime and production cost.
- Working with junior technicians and all team members in order to achieve good and quality products in good time.
- Should be able to provide timely mechanical support to all departments when required.
- Should be able to help provide mechanical services to process and Finishing achieve good quality products.
- Should be able to work timely and accurately to help push to achieve the set standard for machine utilization and production efficiency
- Should be able to work and repair lines that produce toothpaste and package it in tubes.
- Should have worked in a toothpaste and finishing/tubing company
- Should have at least 3 to 5 years experience in this same field.
- Should be BEng or HND graduates of Mechanical Engineering.