Strategic direction and leadership:
- Supervises motivates and leads teams by identifying roles and providing guidance on service output and quality
- Provide insight and guidance on contemporary Accounting and reporting issues
- Ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
Accounting Operations & Financial Reporting:
- Manage and control all account chart/general ledger
- Coordinate with various teams and perform complex analysis and prepare reports to summarize financial data.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, and GL
- Consolidate reports and schedules from all divisions and prepare monthly dashboards for Management use.
- Suggest and implement policies and controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Monitor and perform studies to interpret financial actions and modify accounting processes and provide technical advice and recommend improvements for same
- Ensure compliance to all reporting requirements, file quarterly/annual returns according to current requirements, and document new rules.
- Develop and maintain supporting documents for all financial reports and evaluate them for various departments
- Coordinate with various departments and prepare recurring financial reporting packages
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the monthly financial reports.
- Supervise revenue recognition process, accrual, and liability bookings. Review contracts to interpret financial issues and documents same.
- Ensure accurate amortization of prepaid expenses; maintain up to date balance sheet schedules of unamortized balances
- Working with the Finance team to resolve any reporting errors or discrepancies.
- Ensures that the entire company is compliant and successfully passes all reporting requirements and should any non-compliance issues arise, the Financial Reporting Manager assesses and resolves these issues.
- Take ownership of the Company’s income statement and the statement of financial position, ensuring all financial statement assertions and information processing objectives are upheld.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide IFRS interpretation, and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner to Management
- Be the custodian/champion for Accounting standards and maintain all relevant IFRS schedules.
- Coordinate and supervise the month-end and year-end closing
- Participate in other projects as may be required from time to time
- Establish reporting procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures/controls are implemented
- Ensure that all accounting records are in compliance with the approved policies and accounting standards
- Oversee the proper maintenance of the organization’s accounting records
- Ensure timely delivery of audits.
Educational Qualifications/Experience Requirement:
- A good first degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance
- Possession of a Postgraduate degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years in Audit or core Finance role with at least 3 years in Management capacity.
- Experience in any of the Big 4 Audit firms or extensive IFRS reporting experience is an added advantage.
- Membership of the ACCA, ICAN or any other related professional qualification is required.