The Senior Finance Officer is expected to have excellent financial qualifications and experience to be able to handle various types of primary responsibilities relating to planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities including the development of financial strategies for Alex Reid West Africa (ARWA).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The Senior Finance Officer will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Overseeing all financial transactions and processing systems
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable, producing reports as requested.
- Overseeing monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of the company's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Prepare regular reports on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets.
- Reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfil tax related requirements.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with all applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Assist the Managing Director and the Board in creating the annual budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Payroll management includes employee benefits and organisational insurance.
- Develop and maintain short and long term forecasts and financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all accounting systems and procedures capturing all billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit and liaise with the external auditor.
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Senior Management
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the organisation.
- Strong background and work experience in financial responsibility for budgeting, accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, access and accounting/financial management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbal and written.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and committed to getting the job done
- Strong problem solver and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability.
Salary: NGN150,000 (Gross)
Location: Ojota, Lagos