The Senior Finance Officer will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Overseeing all financial transactions and processing systems
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable, producing reports as requested.
- Overseeing monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of ARWA's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Prepare regular reports on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets.
- Reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with all applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Assist the Managing Director and the Board in creating the annual budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Payroll management including employee benefits and organisational insurance.
- Develop and maintain short and long term forecasts and financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all accounting systems and procedures capturing all billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit and liaise with the external auditor.
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Managing Director
Other duties and responsibilities
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the organisation.
- Strong background and work experience in financial responsibility for budgeting, accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, access and accounting/financial management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbal and written.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and commitment to get the job done
- Strong problem solver and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability.
Location: Ojota, Lagos