- Administer, maintain, support, optimize, and monitor production SQL Server database environments along with capacity planning of multiple QA, development, and disaster recovery environments on Windows platforms.
- Plan and implement database software upgrades including but not limited to new installations, critical patch upgrades, maintenance releases, and version upgrades.
- Develop, document & improve custom TSQL stored procedures, Windows scripts (PowerShell and batch files) to automate various daily DBA operations.
- Implement database changes as submitted by the development team and in accordance with the IT Change Management Policy.
- Investigate and resolve difficult and advanced database application problems and performance issues, working individually and in coordination with the Server Operations and application support teams.
- Support high availability database infrastructure including backup/recovery and standby databases for disaster recovery.
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, security, and integrity of the databases in accordance with IT Security and data protection adherence policies.
- Communicate well with others & provide mentoring to application support team members.
- Work a flexible schedule. Some after hours are required, including but not limited to a monthly maintenance window and potential work from the DR facility as a "first responder".
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Equivalent Education
- At least 7 years experience with SQL server and/or Oracle or one year's experience with CACHE or an equivalent combination of experience.
- SQL Server Database certification is preferred
- Experience in SQL Server Management Studio, Profiler and other Database Administration toolsets
- Experience in HA environments.
- Experience with mentoring and writing procedures for others to follow
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of development and support of any other programming languages is a plus
- Knowledge of Network and Windows OS is preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Profound background in IT Infrastructure and Applications
- Project Management capabilities and reporting skills
- Time Management – Punctuality is critical