- Participating in the entire application development lifecycle, focusing on coding backend features.
- Designing and implementing robust/scalable technical architectures and databases.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use while adhering to sound programming principles and best practices.
- Implementing security and data protection features into our products.
- Writing clean code to develop new features or enhance existing ones.
- Maintaining our live products while ensure 99.99% availability and resolve production issues as they arise including troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Building APIs that enables data sharing with partners
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years’ experience as a backend developer including responsibility as the Senior Developer on a major application development.
- Strong knowledge and programming experience in Django framework. Must have developed at least 3 applications in Django previously.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RESTful API.
- Experience with payment integration of Interswitch, Flutterwave or Paystack
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Mastery of data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Experience with agile/scrum or DevOps application development methodology.
We offer attractive remuneration to the right candidate.