We are looking for a creative, cooperative chemical/ process/ environmental engineer with specific experience in the field of Biofuels and their production/waste to Energy to come on board and spearhead a new project we are initiating centered around biodiesel/HVO feedstocks for export. In the first instance, we will be concentrating on Used Cooking Oil (UCO) and Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME) with a view to expanding the range of products from there. The ideal candidate should have a wealth of technical and industry knowledge and a talent for process optimization. The engineer will work in the office and on location to implement, analyze, and improve processes, equipment, and plants. You will also work with other engineers and team members from diverse backgrounds to understand project goals, design and propose solutions, and assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and reviewing plans as projects progress. The position will be on a 6-month consultancy basis in the first instance with a view to converting into a full-time Technical Lead role.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
Outcomes - the successful candidate will:
Consultancy phase (6 months)
- Create a detailed process flow for the collection, transportation, storage, and processing of UCO and POME for export in line with ISCC standards.
- Design and create a budget for a modular storage/processing hub – The facility where the products will be aggregated and processed ready for export – including full CAPEX, opex, and personnel requirements
- Oversee the construction of the modular hub, the purchase, and installation of equipment, and the hiring of personnel
- Manage the process of the ISCC audit and certification as well as any other relevant certification.
- Assume the Team Lead role overseeing the day-to-day management of the modular hub(s).
- Constantly review processes to achieve higher efficiency and improve product quality for export.
- Work with our senior management team to develop a strategic plan for expansion of modular hubs to additional locations and growth of product slate.
- Perform chemical analysis and physical property testing of materials and products.
- Research, design, and develop new production processes.
- Coordinate and perform tests.
- Analyse data to develop conclusions.
- Communicate results of analysis and research.
- Evaluate current processes and develop improvements to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Create standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- Assist in the establishment of timelines and budgets.
- Install, maintain, and inspect equipment and facilities.
- Perform routine calibration and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Provide training and mentorship to technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or a related field
- A Master’s degree in chemical engineering or a related field is desirable
- Minimum 10 years experience in Biodiesel Production/Waste to Energy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Project management experience is a plus
- Applied knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques
- Direct experience with the use of spreadsheet and database software to compile, analyze, and present data
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies
The key competencies the successful candidate should have are as follows:
- Commercially Minded – You will have a strong understanding of the economic impact of technical/process decisions and ensure that at all times they are aligned with organizational objectives
- Innovative – You will design creative and constantly evolving solutions to the specificities of the challenges posed by the environments we are dealing in. Furthermore, you will stay abreast of the technological advancements in the field to make sure that both our products and processes continue to be in demand and highly efficient.
- Strong communicator – you will possess excellent presentation, verbal communication, and technical writing skills. You will be able to convey potentially complex technical information to people of diverse non-technical backgrounds.
- Team Builder and leader –. You will be able to build and manage a team by hiring top-notch talent to support our goals. You will have the ability to execute tasks with minimal oversight.
- Policy Focused – You will possess in-depth knowledge of the policy and regulatory frameworks both locally and internationally concerning biodiesel and renewable fuels, and be able to advise strategy based on this information.
Mocoh SA is one of the fastest growing medium size commodity trading companies globally. We are currently focused on trading petroleum products in and out of Africa. Over the last 23 years we have built our position to where we are now as one of the top three suppliers of refined products in the West African market. We have big ambitions to continue to grow our presence further within Africa and diversify the commodities we trade with a specific focus on renewable fuels.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.