Duration: 6 months
- Engage with management on scoping for business opportunities and actively contribute to the development of strategies and plans to achieve business goals in Nigeria.
- Provide technical and programmatic support towards the design and execution of ongoing and planned activities including product market assessments, technical studies, and strategic plans in Nigeria.
- Provide project management support for activities in Nigeria to ensure the highest quality work and outputs.
- Establish strong relationships and coordinate well with all key stakeholders in the education sector, including government agencies, donor agencies, NGOs, implementing partners, schools, and other companies and organizations.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing and Communications team to prepare and disseminate compelling stories of program success, research outcomes, and lessons learned, and represent Malezi at stakeholder consultations on key issues.
- Keep up to date with local and national issues in education, skills development, job creation, and the digital economy.
- Master’s degree preferred in education, technology, administration, business, accounting, public policy, finance, or other relevant field or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least 10 years of working experience in business development for a multinational, selling solutions to businesses and government. Specific experience in the education sector (schools) is required.
- In-depth knowledge of the local education and skills development market landscape with strong relationships in the education sector. A good understanding of issues around skills development, job creation, and the digital economy in Nigeria is critical.
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken English and proven ability to convey technical content in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated ability to manage teams and contractors, and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse project stakeholders; exceptional skills in building productive working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and other partners.
- Experience working with donor/ NGO agencies is an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and an orientation toward working in a collaborative environment
- Strong work ethic and an ability to take initiative.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and writing skills. Ability to review, synthesize information and produce high-quality documents.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time under deadline while managing other colleagues.
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated.