Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- Collect, collate, process, provide, and maintain accurate data on the Bank’s operations across the regions (new, ongoing, and completed)
- Prepare spreadsheets for collection of data sources from regional hubs, analytical reports using Pivot tables and other data formats, and complex PowerPoint presentations using the data and graphics to be used by Senior Management. Specific attention will be put on the following data aspects related to the RDVP Complex’ Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintenance of RDVP operational performance dashboard which will include analysis of following indicators:
- Status of Indicative Operational Pipeline (IOP)
- Lending program processing schedules and status
- Status of ongoing projects in terms of cancellations, disbursements, unjustified special accounts, counterpart funding, project savings; and
- Status of Project Completion Reports (PCRs) and Implementation Progress Reports (IPRs)
- Resource utilization analysis including Work Program Agreement (WPA) execution status reports, Staff analysis in relation to work program needs.
- Overall implementation status of RDVP KPIs
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports using data sources from SAP and other dashboards on the management and performance of the portfolio, inclusive but not limited to project aging analysis, disbursement trends, loans and grants qualifying for cancellation, project completion reports, and non-lending deliverables.
- Report on the accuracy and completeness of lending program and portfolio data in various corporate systems (e.g. SAP, BPPS, SRAS, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the Complex’s Annual Work Program and its regular updates using established schedules or as may be directed.
- Develop, maintain, and update data and report platforms that interface with existing corporate systems e.g. SAP, BPPS, BRAG, SRAS, etc. to seamlessly update data on the pipeline, lending program processing, cancellable loans and grants, project completion reports due, WPA execution, etc.
- Represent RDVP front office as the key user on IT-related corporate initiatives, such as Wakanda to ensure enhancing of IT systems in response to evolving operations requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of multimedia presentation of documents for Board presentation (including the preparation of charts, graphs, etc.) or any other documents as may be deemed necessary.
- Support other corporate exercises, including reporting on the implementation of BDEV and audit recommendations, ADF policy commitments, and GCI commitments.
- Assist with compilation and prioritization of information required to facilitate substantiated decisions or to serve as input to various documents.
- Build effective working relationships with, provide guidance to, and help strengthen capacities of Operations Assistants and Operations Data Analysts to ensure good data practices across regions and to ensure transfer of best practices across the delivery units at regional hubs.
Requirements (Including desirable skills, knowledge, and experience):
- At least a master’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management, or related discipline.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Certification;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in compiling management information, data analysis, and formulation of data models
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management especially SAP in development or similar organizations
- Relevant experience with African Development Bank operations or sister multilateral development finance institutions
- Solid experience in creativity data visualization
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, and professional environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of project structures, including project planning, communication management, procedures, and critical success factors
- Acute knowledge and understanding of the elements essential for the effective delivery and measurement of development impacts, using data management and processing skills
- Ability to identify and create meaningful linkages across sectors to drive data management at country and regional levels
- Knowledge of the Bank’s (or other similar organization’s) systems and capabilities and ability to analyze business operations for further understanding of possible strengths and weaknesses which help to facilitate informed decision-making
- High level of expertise in data management, analysis, and visualization
- Deep knowledge of project cycle management
- Ability to make effective, timely, and well-determined interventions for results delivery
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural and distributed organization
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language
- Proficiency in MS Office platforms, especially pivot tables and other features of Excel and PowerPoint (up to mastery level) and expert knowledge of SAP.
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.