Reports To: Principal Partner/CEO
· Responsible for the turn-key handling of all Corporate/Commercial and assigning cases and complex, diverse portfolio of Corporate Services and related matters.
· Drafting and reviewing various types of Agreements involving a variety of legal issues.
· Self-managing Corporate/Commercial matters and providing ownership responsibility for a large volume of such matters and reporting timeously to the Principal Partner/CEO.
· Consulting with the Principal Partner/CEO in the management and maintenance of oversight responsibility in Corporate/Commercial matters for clients.
· Juggling, multi-tasking and successfully prioritizing competing legal work streams.
· Leading any special projects or initiatives as assigned by the Principal Partner/CEO.
· Coordinating with the Litigation unit on court-related matters as need arises.
· Working collaboratively with the Litigation unit on a broad spectrum of matters to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, facilitating a team-based approach.
· Living, upholding and modeling firm’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Transparency and Assiduity with the ability to demonstrate those optimal deserving of the firm positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
· Coordinating with the Principal Partner/CEO on specific assignments, review preliminary advice and provide internal recommendations.
· Drafting responses to correspondence and actively following up and giving timeous feedback on Corporate/Commercial issues as needs arise.
· Preparing Corporate/Commercial metrics and reporting and performing factual legal research.
· Promptly responding to all email and phone inquiries from the clients as well as from the Principal Partner/CEO and the team in a professional manner and in consonance with the firm’s ‘E-mail Policy Manual’.
· Assisting in all assigned legal (civil and criminal) matters, including contract negotiation, dispute resolution, crisis management, court litigation and compliance.
· Actively involved in and self-managing Business Development (BD) initiatives towards boosting firm’s Clientele base.
· Participating in business meetings on behalf of the firm and proactively providing strategic advice to find pragmatic legal solutions.
· Managing and maintaining legal documents and databases and ensuring that all documents/pleadings have been proofread, edited and revised as necessary.
· Responding to phone calls and emails in a professional manner and providing Weekly Reports and regular updates on Corporate/Commercial cases.
· Any other duties assigned by the Principal Partner/CEO.