A law firm in Lagos Island is looking to hire a Senior Associate, Corporate/Commercial Lawyer with strong corporate commercial law skills.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
In this role, responsibilities will include:
- Negotiate, draft and finalize terms and conditions for a wide range of agreements and contracts and other legal documents including service agreements, master agreements, financing agreements, joint venture agreements etc.
- Sound understanding of regulatory and compliance, franchising, mergers and acquisition and CAC services.
- Developing existing and creating new client relationships.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and capable of drafting relevant documents.
- Well versed in property law in Lagos State and other key states in Nigeria.
- Mentor and development of junior lawyers;
- Experienced litigator.
- Other tasks as may be directed
- 7 years and above Post Call Experience
- Qualified to practice in Nigeria
- Relevant experience within a professional law firm
- Excellent communication both written and verbal - the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and display trust and loyalty
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings. Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Experience in drafting legal documents
- Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure