As part of the Android team, you'll be responsible for bringing our core products to Android. You will use your in-depth knowledge of all things Android to craft new M-KOPA features that are uniquely Android-based. Key activities for our team are:
- Architecting new device locking solutions as we partner with new operators and OEMs § Handling mobile money transactions through in-app features.
- Enabling our sales force to onboard customers easily and securely
- Advocating the best in Android UX to enable customers to have an Android first experience
- Excellent programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java or Kotlin, and a curiosity for learning
- Experience implementing new features and optimizing existing ones
- The technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction design, customer care, and engineering
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Pragmatism in the face of deadlines and change
- An eye for automation, to get stuck in and do what is necessary for the smooth operation of the team (then automate it)
- Any experience or knowledge of AOSP and Android at the framework level is a plus
- Experience of network/bandwidth-constrained environments, an example being the East African market, is a plus
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience/learning. (We care much more about your skills than about how you acquired them)
- At least 4+ years of experience working with Android.