NRGI are looking for a Senior Analyst who will lead analytical work and stakeholder outreach on resource governance in Nigeria. The successful candidate for the post of Senior Analyst will have deep knowledge of the oil sector in Nigeria, including the political economy of oil and gas and the sector’s many ties to the local economy. They will be an excellent facilitator, networker, relationship builder and diplomat, capable of bringing senior stakeholders together to advance strategies for governance of the oil sector in Nigeria. The Senior Analyst brings technical understanding in extractives, economics and governance to generate expert analysis, research and policy advice vital to NRGIs work in driving Nigeria.
With an economic background in the extractives industry, s/he will contribute to advocacy, capacity building and technical assistance efforts. The Senior Analyst will build strategic and productive relationships with regional bodies, development partners, leaders in government and civil society, and private sector.
Experience & Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 7-8 years' experience working as analyst in resource governance, with an economics qualification an advantage
- At least 5 years' experience working on extractive industry governance or at least one of the following fields: taxation, public financial management, state owned enterprise management, or energy transition.
- Deep understanding of the interplay between regulations, government, and commercial activities; familiarity with country, regional and global initiatives aiming to improve good governance in the extractive industries sector.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Experience providing pragmatic technical assistance on complex policy or business issues to decision-makers. Ability to deliver trainings and other capacity development interventions to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Possess the gravitas, credibility and ability to initiate and develop strategic relationships and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically with a 3-5 year horizon.
- Experience managing and allocating resources efficiently.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, including ability and/or interest in engaging with the media and using social media (e.g., Twitter) to connect NRGI's work to relevant current affairs.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant field (public policy, finance, law, international affairs, or engineering etc.).
Starts with flexible working arrangement until Nigeria office is established. Regular virtual meetings with regional and country and research, data and learning teams and consultants/vendors. International travels subject to the prevailing NRGI’s Covid-19 guidelines.