Under the direction of the Chairman / CEO, this is a mid-level management position charged with performing all functions related to financial reporting and accounting systems management while managing all internal financial controls. This position interacts with multiple departments within the company, along with external entities including clients and government regulatory agencies.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Operating Budget: Collaborates with senior management and outsourced CPA to create projected cash flow statements and annual operating budget. Budget and Cash Flow projections will be guided by past financial performance but must be evaluated on a monthly basis for assessment of productivity. This position will assist with the required budget and re-forecast cycles.
- Payroll: Responsible for full-cycle coordination of payroll processes to include, but not limited to reconciliation of electronic employee timesheets, payroll processing, payroll deductions, payroll discrepancies, remittance of payroll taxes, adjustment checks, and all other interaction with third-party payroll software providers for effective management of payroll standards.
- A/C Receivables: Generates client invoices in a timely manner and maintains familiarity with invoicing cycles to include due upon receipt, weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly invoicing standards. Monitors outstanding client invoices and ensures prompt notifications (via email and landline) to clients immediately upon failure to remit payment by payment due dates. Performs collection activities for overdue client invoices.
- A/C Payables: Upon verification of services received and accuracy of the invoice, this position will ensure timely payment of all vendor invoices to ensure the continuation of service and maintenance of favorable credit ratings. In the event of a discrepancy, such will be investigated and brought to resolution in a timely manner. All invoices will be entered into the A/P system. Vendor statements will be maintained to insure receipt of all invoices and payments.
- Corporate Financials: Preparation of information required for corporate financials, tax filings, (Monthly/Quarterly/Annually), and all other essential required collaboration with a Certified Public Accountant agency. Maintains accurate and orderly accounting files and systems. Adjustment journal entries must be recorded to maintain the accuracy of finances.
- Corporate Tax Management: Tracking, recording, preparation, filing, and timely remittance of payments for corporate Sales and Use Tax, Excise Tax, Employer Withholdings Tax, and Paid Family & Medical Leave Tax for all jurisdictions where revenue is being generated
- Audit: Serving in a leading role for the facilitation of financial, tax, or insurance-related audits
- Amex Card Program: Oversight of Amex Card Program (company credit card) and responsibilities for required account reconciliations to include primary account transfers, receipt of transfer requests, reconciliation of expenditures, and required audits of expenses.
- Finance Program: Provides valuable input for the compilation, development, administration, maintenance, and revision of Finance Department standards. Ensures compliance with generally accepted and company-established accounting policies and procedures. Interact with various departments in regard to issues and other situations as needed. The provisions of the finance manual and the related standards must also be enforced at all levels within the organization.
- General and Miscellaneous Duties: Supports other administrative and/or non-finance/accounting-related functions as organizational necessities dictate.
- 4-year College degree in Accounting or Finance (U.S. Based college strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience in Finance/Accounting duties supporting mid-sized organization
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience with computerized accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Peachtree or similar software
- Demonstrated experience using payroll processing programs such as Paychex, ADP, Deltek
- Demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as WinTeam
- Demonstrated proficiency with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Desired Accounting designations of CPA, ACCA, ACA, or related designations
- Must be detail-oriented, and have strong phone and communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative and comply with strict adherence to deadlines.
Work Schedule: 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Nigerian Time)
Remuneration: NGN 350,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.