A Leading Cosmetics, Beauty and Wellness Brand in Nigerian is recruiting for the post of Account Officer. The candidate must be smart, ability to multi-task and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The requirements of this key result area will include but are not limited to-
- Assist in finance & budgeting activities of the company including providing support to departmental heads on preparing annual budgets.
- Maintain accounts general ledgers. Prepare asset, liability & capital account and analyze account information
- Verify all expense claims for the correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided
- Maintain adequate filing systems for financial instructions and ensure documentation is regularly updated including client records, accounting records
- Substantiate all financial transactions by auditing documents
- Assist with internal audits and with the preparation of accounts and returns
- Assist with reimbursements, expense claims and all other internal financial transactions
- Attend meetings on behalf of the company when required to do so and take minutes/submit reports.
- Audit sales accounts and other such records
- Assist with establishing and maintaining accounting controls by documenting & recommending policies & procedures.
- Knowledge of POS reconciliation.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information & maintain financial security by completing regular database backups and adherence to internal controls
- Carry out other accounting duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Account
- A minimum of 6 years experience in accounting role
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- ICAN Certification will be an added advantage