The advertised position is to enable young children make progress in their learning by buiding them up mentally and morally when they join school in reception, nursery or grade class.
- Use teaching methods which capture pupil's interest and maintain their engagement through:
- Modelling good language use to children.
- Providing frequent opportunities for pupils to learn through talk and interactions.
- Modelling good social skills to children.
- Establishment of a purpose for learning, and placing it within a context.
- Must be computer literate and able to use teaching aids to facilitate learning.
- Offering attractive, robust and captivating learning activities.
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity and communicating enthusiasm for learning.
- Setting the highest expectations for all pupils.
- Matching the teaching approaches used to the learning and development area of the curriculum and the age of the pupils being taught.