1. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Perform the day-to-day activities associated with financial reporting and general ledger maintenance and control.
Debtor and fee management
- Prepare and administer debtor payments/funds received for banking
- Liaise with the College Finance Officer to allocate late payment fees to debtor accounts
- Maintain all accounts receivable records and backup material, ensuring the type of record retained and period of storage meets regulatory and legal requirements
Financial reporting and development
- Prepare the Annual Financial Statements (AFS), including all end of year financial accounts and reports.
- Liaise with and assist external auditors in conducting the annual interim and final audit of the School.
- Ensure internal controls are adhered to and maintained.
- Report any breach of internal controls to the School Director.
- Complete all regulatory, educational and general compliance requirements as they fall due.
General ledger maintenance and control
- Prepare and maintain accurate monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain bank reconciliations as required, ensuring approval by the School Director on a monthly basis
- Prepare month-end accounting entries
- Prepare and enter into the general ledger all fortnightly payroll journal entries in accordance with AFS and salary packaging deductions.
Contribute to the administrative functions of the School, specifically, as they relate to financial matters involving payments and entitlements
- On a timely basis, prepare, communicate and distribute school fee statements to all families each term.
- Complete all regulatory, educational and general compliance requirements and returns as they fall due.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the School Administration software package and maintain its operation in conjunction with IT support
- Review and approve College purchase orders as required and if appropriate, identify improvements in the school ordering process
- Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
As an HR Manager:
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Provides management direction and counselling. Supervises clerical assistants and temporary staffing as needed.