The Accountant's responsibilities include:
· Maintenance of a complete filing system and reconciliation of all customers payments for invoices.
· Lodgment of all cheques into the bank.
· Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll and files for the company employees.
· Filing and remitting of pension and taxes and other financial obligations.
· Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school's budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
· Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school's auditors.
· Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school's debit card / s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors.
· Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
· Be responsible for the completion of the school's payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter / leaver / variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
· Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
· Daily monitoring and tracking of all inflows into our various bank accounts.
· Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School.
· B.Sc. / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 1-3 years' work experience
· Must be ICAN registered.
· Proven experience as an Accountant.
· Self-confident, mature and well dressed.
· Strong analytical, numerical, and communication skills.
· Hands-on experience with accounting software.
· Skilled in negotiation and dealing with complaints.
· Persistent and results-oriented.
· Additional certification is a plus.
· Resides within or near Amuwo-odofin LGA, Lagos.
ABOUT COSOM NUR/PRY SCHOOL: Cosom School is a nurturing environment for children between the ages of two and twelve years, lovingly guided by our highly skilled, professional teachers. Cosom School is an equal opportunity employer.