- Visit clients to demonstrate use of products, show samples and take orders.
- Arrange a schedule of visits to major potential buyers by contacting people and making appointments.
- Develop and update knowledge of the company's products and the products of its competitors. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Speak with other sales and marketing personnel in the company to determine the best methods of promoting products.
- Establish customers' needs and explain and demonstrate products to them, which may involve providing technical descriptions of products and how they may be used.
- Quote and negotiate prices and credit terms.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Report to employers on sales and provide feedback about the marketing of new or established products.
- Carry out formal presentations of products using videos and other training aids, attend promotional markets and organize product displays.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Plan and work towards meeting sales targets and budgets.
- Use e-business technology.
Relevant Sales Representative Skills
- Customer Service
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Closing Skills
- Territory Management
- Prospecting Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- Motivation for Sales