What we expect from this Candidate:
- Analyzes current client base or target market for the hotel.
- Devises new ways to expand that client base.
- Develops promotional and advertising materials for the hotel.
- Oversees distribution of marketing materials.
- Reaches out to organizations and businesses that might require a hotel for conferences and events.
- Meets with representatives from these companies to explain the hotel’s merits and amenities.
- Networks with wedding planners and special event planners to encourage hotel bookings.
- Designs and advertises special group rates and packages to increase larger bookings.
- Overcomes hesitations of clients to close a sale.
- Manages accounts of high-profile clients.
- Processes payments and applies discounts as necessary.
- Addresses and resolves any issues or complaints regarding sales or marketing.
- Ensures that guests are enjoying their stay at the hotel and that large group needs are met.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients to encourage repeat and recurring business.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Is willing and able to travel to establish and maintain client networks.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Is capable of creating and maintaining a large client network.
- Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and financial management.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Is familiar with the workings of the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Demonstrates strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Works well with a variety of different individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Business, Marketing or Finance and most also hold Master’s Degrees in similar fields.
- Managers must also have several years of experience in the sales and marketing sector, preferably in the hospitality section.
- Most have also held a lower-level managerial position prior to their appointment as hotel sales managers.