In this position, you will Plan, direct and implement Sales strategies and programs to achieve or exceed the sales objectives for the company.
• Develops Sales plans and budgets to achieve or exceed the annual sales objectives for the company. Monitor and control the sales budget to ensure optimum utilization of resources in the region
• Generate sales of company products in the region through a team of salesmen in order to achieve or exceed the annual sales targets
• Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activity and continuously search for new opportunities in order to increase sales in the region
• Provide distributors and customers in the region with information about new or improved products and services in order to improve sales in the region
• Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure the comprehensive availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed the sales targets
• Establish and ensure that all sales administration procedures relating to the region are properly implemented to support the sales teams in their efforts to accomplish the sales targets
• Co-ordinate and follow up with the storehouse supervisor to ensure that adequate inventory stock of product is maintained for the Region in order to meet the sales delivery schedules and provide the distributors with superior levels of service and meet the needs of the customer
• Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure that adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions is available in the region in order to provide brand visibility and promote sales in the region
• Develop the necessary Sales Management organisation structure and ensure the right talent of staffing and appropriate training to meet all job requirements. Provide leadership so that staff are well motivated and engaged to stay and contribute effectively to the organisation
Requirements and Qualifications
• B.Sc / HND degree in Marketing or equivalent in relevant discipline.
• At least 5+ years of experience in a similar role in food FMCG.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage teams
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet targets
• Problem solving skills
• Candidate must reside in Lagos or be willing to relocate to Lagos
• Lead Sales team and activities.
• Build effective Sales structure.
• Develop and implement Sales and marketing plan and budget.
• Acquire distributors in major OPEN MARKETS in Lagos and environs.