Reporting directly to the Director, the Sales Manager is required to sell all of our bread and pastry products to multi-channel food distribution entities such as Grocery Stores or Supermarkets, Restaurants, Educational Facilities, Hotels, Wholesale Consolidators, Tabletop Retailers etc. This role requires managing existing customer relationships; building relationships with new prospective customers; responding to all incoming leads; and being the production head to meet customer requests and needs.
Success in this position will be defined by sales growth, profit and measurable continuous improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
• Develop street (in-traffic) sales teams to generate and increase daily sales revenue.
• Prospecting for new customers and accounts • Developing a comprehensive marketing strategy that leverages our brand and capabilities
Minimum 3 years sales experience of working for a bakery or similar establishment
A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
Skills: This position requires the successful candidate to have the following:
· Extensive experience working in sales leadership or management. Must have contacts in the business of selling bread in multiple institutions
· Experienced and proficient in digital marketing (Instagram, Facebook, Google adwords etc.)
· Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and people skills
· Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
· Computer skills and proficiency, specifically Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word are desired but not essential
· Self-motivated and confident in pushing for new sales
· Able to work without supervision
Fixed Salary, with commission based on volume of sales produced monthly. 5% of sales will be commission for the successful candidate in addition to salary
Must be able to liase with grassroots individuals/ workers
Fluency in Yoruba is highly desired/preferable