Bristol Scientific is West Africa’s leading provider of laboratory solutions, and Nigeria’s largest stockist and distributor of laboratory equipment and consumables partnering laboratories and researchers both in the life sciences segment (industry, research, academia, regulatory) and medical diagnostics. Whether it is the drugs you give your children, the water you drink at home or the medical treatment you receive Bristol Scientific contributes to making them safer, cleaner and keeping you and your loved ones healthier. Learn more at www.bristolscientific.com.
II. How will you make an impact?
The Sales Manager for Clinical Haematology is responsible for exceeding expectations for his/her product portfolio in the assigned territory. This will be accomplished by establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base and by leveraging those relationships to generate significant new business for Bristol Scientific. In addition, the Sales Manager must improve the overall experience the customer has with Bristol Scientific and its partners through the streamlined approach and intense focus on the customer.
III. General Summary & Position Overview
- Manage the territory by developing and maintaining effective customer relations with purchasing and end users within assigned territory
- Work independently while also leveraging available resources to meet customer needs (No direct report at the beginning but build a Commercial and Technical Team in the future).
- Develop and execute sales strategies to meet assigned targets and expand business within assigned territory
- Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Maintain awareness and understanding of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers
- Introduce new products and services to customers as applicable
- Gain a strong technical understanding of product content
- Provide technical information, demos, explanations and quotes to potential customers
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and expand sales potential
- Uncover new leads for products by cold calling on labs and reach new customers through marketing and social media activities
- Identify and meet with laboratory end users, researchers and purchasing personnel
- Review and resolve customer complaints in a professional and timely manner as directed and/or required.
- Follow up on leads for sales opportunities received through our various channels
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Liaise with other Bristol Scientific colleagues to support lead generation
- Operational support to distributors and key customers.
- Project management (product evaluation, pilot studies, etc.) and tender applications.
- Organise seminars, participate in exhibitions and congresses
- Ensure total compliance with all company policies and standards.
IV. Requirements for this position
Must be able and willing to travel within Nigeria region to customer locations as needed.
Based preferably in Lagos.
Bachelors Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related science. A Masters a plus or equivalent work experience
3+ years of scientific sales experience
Capital sales experience
Strong technical experience with scientific products
Must possess the organisational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
Competencies / Skills / Experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of our product and competitive Products
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory processes
- Experience in complex sales cycles
- Knowledge of customer base
- Requires senior level sales and management skills
- Strong leadership skills and development of teamwork among cross-functional teams.
- Strong scientific technical background - capable of learning, effectively communicating technical information and handling technical equipment
- Understanding of current business practices within research and diagnostic environments
- Analytical with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet required