Provide Office Support for Sales Team
- Respond to requests and emails pertaining to sales questions or concerns.
Follow up on all orders
- Ensure the sales team have sufficient quantities of sales support material, such as product brochures and other sales material.
Send materials as needed for trade shows.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, advertising and aftersales
Maintain and update inventory
- Assist with the co-ordination of direct mail campaigns on behalf of sales and marketing, labeling, data collection and distribution of mail items.
Ensure the efficient liaison between the sales department and other sales offices in sister companies, including the distribution of our sales correspondence and collateral.
- Ensure that store requisitions are submitted monthly.
Ensure that enquiries regard our products are screened and dealt with in an appropriate way.
- All enquiries to be dealt with within 24 hours.
Ensure the strict confidentiality of information passing though the office.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional, ethics, and attitude toward all clients and colleagues.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and the company’s on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
Maintain an inventory of sales materials and supplies, such as brochures, promotional items and product samples, and ensure that all sales representatives have an adequate inventory of these materials on-hand.
- Arrange for the shipping of sales materials for trade shows or conferences.
- Utilize company resources to develop a filing system that keeps all active sales files available digitally and in hard copy form
Take the lead on organizing the resources necessary to put together high quality sales presentations
- Ensure the inventory of custom sales presentation materials such as brochures and presentation folders is always up to date
Act as the primary contact for clients who have questions about their accounts or our products.
- Work with other departments within the company to bring in additional help on creating sales presentations when needed.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring the accuracy and timely processing of orders.
Input orders to the company’s computer system and ensure that orders are processed in line with customers’ delivery requirements.
- Inform the customers of any delays and arrange alternative delivery dates.
- Maintain sales records, as a basis for reports to the senior management team.
Prepare reports on sales by individual representatives, sales by product line and sales to individual customers.
- Provide information to the finance department on incoming and completed orders, as a basis for forecasting cash flow.
- Stay updated on federal, state, and local legislation and requirements for warehousing, shipping, and material handling, and ensure that our warehouse complies
Create and manage receiving, warehousing, and distribution processes and procedures, and confirm staff compliance
- Conduct physical counts of products and reconcile with data to maintain adequate inventory levels on a regular basis e.g. annually and quarterly
- Develop and monitor procedures for safety and security of warehouse environment and all goods
Inspect all warehouse equipment and order repairs and replacements when required
- Prepare an annual budget, plan out expenses, analyze any variances, and make necessary corrections to help company achieve financial objectives
Train new warehouse employees
- Oversee all warehouse employees, including creating schedules, providing coaching and mentoring, and issuing corrective action when required
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business.
Required skills and qualifications, experience:
- Educational Qualification Required: University graduate (BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field in sales or marketing will be an asset)
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5+years’
- Excellent management & organizational skills
Must be fluent in English language, and the candidate location is Lagos.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Proven experience in sales; experience as a sales coordinator or in other administrative positions will be considered a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Strong Microsoft skills.
Profile of expert qualifications, skills and performance Advanced skill level in:
Knowledge of customer profiles
Expert skill level in:
Organization Skills and Time Management Skills
Advanced Skill Level personal skills and social competence:
Sense of responsibility
Independence & decision making
Key for the qualification levels:
- Beginner: Uses basic knowledge as instructed, learns and enhances the abilities, methods and expert knowledge required in the work field
- Intermediate: Has a sound basic knowledge and can solve standard problems
- Independently by using his expert knowledge; has good knowledge of the methods; knows the application instruments (e.g. software) well.
- Advanced: Has a sound expert knowledge and can solve complex problems independently; is able to question methods and processes and to further develop them; has very good
- knowledge of the application instruments in his own work field.
- Expert: Is a recognized expert (within and outside of BD) for a specific topic; develops his specific topics further and interacts with other experts accordingly.
Key for soft skills:
- Beginner: Skills are at a low level in this stage.
- Intermediate: Skills are at an intermediate level at this stage.
- Advanced: Skills are at an advanced level at this stage.
- Expert: Personal skills and social competencies are at an expert level at this stage.