- Develop training for employees in the facility; deliver training as requested by management and according to the employee lifecycle.
- Maintains continual communication with the Head of Department regarding inefficiencies in safe work procedures.
- Provides and/or manages monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the service and service area and in a timely manner.
- Develop an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at the plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legal requirements.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents
- B.Sc in Engineering or its equivalent in any science discipline.
- Possession of a professional certificate in HSE; NEBOSH IGC and ISPON HSE Level 3 is a MUST.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and other manufacturing Sector Skills
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development