We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organisation utilises an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
● Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
● Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
● Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
● Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organisation has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
Manage organization's retail and distribution channels
▪ Lead distribution initiatives to ensure continuous improvement in operational efficiency and effectiveness to allow an annual 30% increase in sales.
▪ Ensure merchandise is scheduled, received, unloaded, and checked as appropriate.
▪ Initiate and support strategies to reduce slow moving inventory, per organisational objective.
▪ Drive retail and supply chain management resources to allow company to maximize market share.
▪ Coach, develop and train retail supervisors on principles and methods to establisha safe distribution channel and working environment.
▪ Develop practical solutions to problems without sacrificing quality.
▪ Meet department’s daily, weekly and monthly goals of the distribution center.
▪ Achieve high performance standards while coaching, training, and developing employees on best practices of our business.
▪ Analyze opportunities for growth, cutting costs, reducing damages and improving efficiencies.
▪ Continually improve productivity targets and process improvements
▪ Implement standard policies/procedures to eliminate waste and improve productivity.
▪ Develop and manage project scope, project schedules, resource plans, and budget requirements.
▪ Complete status reports and communicate key issues to senior management.
▪ Assist in the training, monitoring, and recognition of employees’ compliance with safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
▪ Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
▪ Manage any other distribution projects.
▪ Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to team workand exemplary customer service.
▪ Provide regular updates to the head of the business unit on the progress.
▪ Lead efforts to complete field analysis and management reports.
This position reports to the Head of Sales.
Profound know-how in Retail Distribution Management
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related field.
▪ Must have 3-5 years of distribution management experience, preferably in a seed company or other agricultural company that works with a retail
distribution to produce cereal seeds/grains.
▪ Experience in a fast paced medium to large sized distribution center environment.
▪ Solid knowledge of distribution operations, practices and procedures including merchandise flow.
▪ Strong administrative, organizational, managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills;
▪ Leadership ability to guide and drive results from a team.
▪ Passion for supply chain management and constant process improvement
▪ Excellent communication skills: Ability to directly work with farmers and field agents to achieve optimal outcome.
▪ Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds;
▪ Ability to work independently; with minimal guidance
▪ Keen eye for detail;
▪ Ability to resolve complex issues; work independently - receiving minimal guidance;
Start Up Environment
▪ Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members
▪ Extensive experience and passion for coaching and mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
▪ Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
Our organisation currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Northern Nigeria and may require travel to partner sites across Nigeria.