The Rural Infrastructure Engineer will therefore be required to Support the Project Manager and ;
1. Provide Implementation support, formulation and evaluation of investment operations (projects and programmes) in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing as well as strategic and policy work with a focus on water resources management, irrigation, drainage and rural infrastructure.
2. Assist in designing small-scale irrigation systems for beneficiary farmers
3. Provide technical advice on engineering design and in preparation of bill of quantities (BOQ), tendering process, and supervision of infrastructure works.
4. Ensure engineers designs incorporate safeguards requirements as outlined in the Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) and other safeguards instruments
5. Formulate and delivers capacity development activities.
6. Provide technical expertise, studies and strategies in the formulation of sector, investment plans and programmes.
7. Carry out field visits and provide backstopping to the contractors to ensure works are carried out in accordance to the designs
8. Support the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems.
9. Provide support in task organization, selection of consultants, and preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of output.
10. Prepare semi-annual reports on physical progress and results as inputs to the project progress reports
11. Carry out activities and tasks as directed by the Project manager and sector lead
RECRUITMENT QUALIFICATIONS/ COMPETENCIES:
Education: 1) Holds at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering and Rural Infrastructure Engineering, Hydrology, Water Resources Management or related field.
1) At least 8 years relevant experience in programme/ project design and management, broad knowledge of all rural infrastructure and water agriculture sub-sector.
2) Demonstrate experience in implementation of agricultural policies, agricultural sector plans, and frameworks;
3) Experience in research and statistical analysis;
4) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in working with a wide range of individuals in government, private sector and civil society;
5) Commitment to quality and control of data and resultant information;
6) Experience in data collection;
7) Experience in working in teams;
8) Experience in similar project and programmes
9) Proficiency in the use of Computers and relevant packages.
1) Proficiency in both written and spoken English