Within the Risk team, as a Risk Strategist, you will serve as the internal consultant to various cross-functional teams including product, engineering, partnerships, and growth on all topics related to risk and card network rules. The ideal candidate will use their expertise in risk to advise on new product development, prioritization of market expansion, risk management strategies, and establishing internal controls. The risk Strategist will develop recommendations that ensure Flutterwave can move rapidly while managing risk in every aspect.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the development of new products and advise on the risk / fraud-related requirements and controls that need to be established to ensure Flutterwave manages product/transaction risk.
- Establish the risk appetite for both individual products and across Flutterwave’s entire portfolio.
- Lead ad hoc risk-related projects end-to-end to support market expansion, new products, or risk management.
- Be the internal expert on card network (Visa / Mastercard / Amex / Discover) rules and our acquiring or issuing bank contractual requirements.
- Conduct research, analyze data and put forth recommendations and proposals that drive decisions on product, risk management, and partnerships.
- Take ownership of undefined bodies of work and create a structured process that allows Flutterwave to move fast in identifying and executing opportunities.
- Own the product risk assessment process for rollouts of new products or enhancements.
- Influence risk/compliance product and engineering roadmaps
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank, or related payments technology company.
- Deep understanding of risk and fraud
- Experience analyzing and interpreting card network rules
- Strong project management experience
- Solutions based mindset when working cross-functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales, and legal to ensure alignment.