The Risk Partnerships team at Flutterwave is primarily responsible for managing the risk and compliance function of our relationships with financial partners including acquiring banks, issuing banks, and card networks (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover). The team serves as the main point of contact with these partners on behalf of cross-functional teams within Flutterwave in order to advocate for the product and user needs that allow us to move rapidly to develop new products and expand the supportability of new users types. Risk Partnership Managers will navigate complex negotiations with our partners while simultaneously driving stronger alignment with them on Flutterwave’s long-term roadmap.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Understand the acquiring bank, issuing bank, and card network requirements that govern Flutterwave’s products.
- Develop deep relationships with leadership at our financial partners and card networks to ensure long-term alignment, reducing escalations.
- Advocate for Flutterwave’s product and user needs with partners by negotiating terms of agreements, including restricted/prohibited business lists and applicability of network rules that are misaligned with the regional needs of our users.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Strategy, and Legal) to resolve key contractual or network rule blockers in order to expand our product offering and diversity of user types.
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank, or related payments technology company.
- Deep understanding of card network rules.
- Experience in external partner management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solutions based mindset when working cross-functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales, and legal to ensure alignment.