Internal Audit & Compliance:
- Audits AgroMall’s financial records, statements, and reports, verifying accuracy and consistency and also assessing information systems to ensure the adequacy of existing controls as well as mitigate errors, irregularities and fraud.
- Audits AgroMall’s information systems, assessing compliance with data security and storage requirements. ∙ Ensure proper internal audit and control system in AgroMall and perodoically carry out Audits.
- Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities, findings and overall assessment of control environment.
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organization and define control measures to ensure compliance.
- Reviews internal controls, policies, and procedures for effectiveness.
- Drafts and presents reports of findings and analysis; identifies and recommends revisions and improvements to accounting practices and procedures.
- Perform investigations into complaints and suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organization and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organizations services and departments.
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as cash flow, inventory, breakage, and employee activity that could uncover fraudulent behavior.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff
Education and Experience:
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc), MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is an added advantage
- 7 years relevant experience of which at least 5 years must have been spent in a similar role. ∙
- Professional Membership; Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required
Competencies and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of corporate governance practices and ability to analyze financial data ∙ Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Business Acumen
- Communication & Presentation, Good report writing skills and Negotiation ∙ Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Generic Skills, Teamwork, Integrity, Pro-activity and Detail orientation