- Monitoring Gross Profit P&L performance vs budget:
- Building analysis to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action-oriented recommendations (at Cat1 / Cat2 / Cat 3 + Seller Level at GP1 level).
- Improving our GP2 by optimizing seller and customer passthrough and adapting the commission matrix to reflect price leadership opportunities and scale our Value Added Services.
- Owner of developing the next generation for revenue streams focused on providing services to sellers (Values Added Services):
- Take ownership of VAS products including elaborating on the product value proposition, target market, application scenarios, key differentiators and USPs, benchmarking, trends and vision
- Monitoring, leading, and accelerating the adoption of these services o Designing action plans to be executed by KAMs
- Reconciliation of Marketing Contribution (Deal tracker vs booked by Finance) + back margin follow-up
- Making sure that all revenue streams are booked and correctly implemented
- Management of POs (Retail): making sure that we inbound the right assortment at the right quantity and with a price leadership o
- Management of COs (Consignment):
- CP coordination/execution of Inventory to ensure a healthy rolling stock
- Making sure that all products in our WH are visible on the website
- Making sure we give visibility to best sellers
- Making sure that they are picked as collections in the consumer needs (merchandising campaigns).
- Making sure that the seller subscribes to visibility services (SP, VAS, etc…)
- Making sure that we reprice the slow movers (PSA, Phoenix)
- Coordinate Performance Steering Actions with KAMs so that they can negotiate deep discounts with sellers to animate a clearance campaigna
Repricing of Forfeited Items:
- Coordinating with IT to make sure that the products are live on the website.
- Reprice the items in order to maximize our margins while ensuring that the items move quickly
- Work on the collections for the clearance campaign.
- Ensuring Jumia is offering the lowest prices on its assortment by scanning, mapping, and comparing Jumia and its competitors’ SKUs several times a week (“Phoenix Process”).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in top tier consulting, e-commerce, banks, or audit firms
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier university.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.