The role is both business-like and creative, particularly in terms of marketing and business development.
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Set budgets or agree on them with senior management.
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about the menu and wine choices;
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Check stock levels, order supplies.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- Create detailed reports on monthly revenues and expenses.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales.
- Achievement of budgeted beverage sales.
- Achievement of budgeted labour costs.
- Achieve maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs and quality of service.
- Liaise with the Brand Manager to come up with Restaurant Marketing campaigns.
- Supervise and scrutinize the scheduling staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service
- To supervise and coordinate the daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service.
- Follow proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour cost, and food cost etc.
- Work with Food and Beverage Controller to carry out menu planning and pricing.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining all departmental control procedures.
- Development and maintenance of department manuals.
- Responsible for Restaurant Bar control policies and completion of necessary forms.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour and food cost etc.
- This is a supervisory role. You would manage and supervise all Restaurant Staff who report to you directly.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee will be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; kneel stoop or crouch.
- The employee occasionally will handle and move objects which include but is not limited to glasses and dishes using hands and arm.
- Visual precision abilities required by this role include but not exclusively close and distant vision.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or any relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years experience with a reputable Hotel Brand.
● Previous serving experience required.
● Sufficient Culinary academy
● Excellent oral communication skills required.
● Positive interpersonal skills required.
● Impeccable command of English
● Great organizational skills
● Customer Relationship Management
● Great Team Spirit
● Proficient use of Microsoft Office Packages
●Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.