JEI is looking for a committed person, with significant experience in the coordination of multidisciplinary research projects (including in the fields of social sciences, economics, and law), to join our team in Lagos as research lead. He/she will be an innovative thinker with good technical skills with desk and field research experience.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Coordinate a multi-country participatory action-research project in West Africa in at least 3 French-speaking and English-speaking countries;
- Work with JEI-Benin and JEI-Nigeria staff members, external researchers, other partners, and survey teams within our partner communities;
- Conduct action research in the field and manage survey teams within our partner communities, agree on periodic meetings to coordinate these actions with other parallel research activities, and help our partners in other countries with the replication and coordination of their parallel research actions;
- Produce periodic reports and take on other administrative responsibilities related to the management of the project.
- At least 3 years of experience in multidisciplinary participatory research;
- Bachelor's or master's degree in social sciences, law, economics, or another relevant field;
- Demonstrated ability to use the law as a tool for social change;
- Strong documentary and field research skills (quantitative and qualitative methodologies);
- Having a good command of French and English is a major plus;
- Experience working with communities and/or community associations is a significant asset.
- Training and experience in human rights, political advocacy, and/or project management is an asset;
- Proficiency in local languages such as is an asset. Fluency in “broken” / Pidgin English required. Fluency in Hausa, Egun, Goun, Fon, and/or Yoruba language skills a significant plus.
Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.