Research and Innovation Adviser – West Africa
This is an exciting new role for a highly motivated G7 Technical Advisor to work across and lead various workstreams within West Africa Research and Innovation Hub (WARIH), delivering on local evidence requirements and science and technology partnerships. You will be a good communicator and networker, able to work autonomously and as part of a team and have a solid understanding of the science, technology and innovation landscape in Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- The postholder will be expected to work with country offices across the region to understand their evidence requirements and deliver research, evidence, and analysis to drive effective delivery in meeting HMG objectives in the region.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing new and strengthening existing science partnerships including strengthening research and innovation systems in partner countries for development impact and diplomatic influence in the region.
- The role will involve working flexibly across the RED Hub network alongside the country offices across West Africa.
- You will bring exceptional technical and partnership skills and experience developing coherence and impact working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders within FCDO, across HMG and with our international science partners and Governments.
How to Apply:
- The candidate must complete the application form and send it to the email stated on the form with a copy of their most recent CV.
- Please quote the following reference number when applying NIG/0222. Failure to do so may result in your application not being viewed.
- The closing date of applications is midnight on 8th April 2022. Applications shown as being received after this time will not be accepted.
- Failure to follow the outlined procedure may result in the application not being considered
- While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applicants must be legally authorised to live and work in the country of application.
- The current legacy DFID Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply to all internal locally employed staff on promotion.
Please note: “Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.”
The British Deputy High Commission, Lagos is committed to equal opportunities in its staffing policy and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Selection will be on merit. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.