- Identify and propose accounting relevant adjustments required for accuracy of the Trial Balance and other routine accounting reports.
- Identify the need for changes to accounting policies and systems in response to changes in global accounting standards and the immediate business environment.
- Prepare monthly summarized management financials and cash-flow statements (CFS). Make updates based on reviews with process owners and relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for financial planning in the annual budget build-up and monthly variance analysis and Prepare accounting models for sensitivity analysis and impact assessment of varying situations.
- Continuously reassess financial reporting systems for all entities in Nigeria, matching trends of investing and financing activities to management expectations. The report identified exceptions to management.
- Provide financial modeling input into business cases, costs, and schedules to support growth in the business.
- Responsible for analytical review of all Management Reporting, ensuring that robust commentaries are prepared to support and tell the story behind the numbers.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting Business KPIs, commenting as appropriate, and reflecting in reporting.
- Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends. Structuring and enhancing reporting templates as appropriate.
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports.
- Responsible for the automation and continuous improvement of planning and reporting. Integration of acquisitions and new ventures from a reporting standpoint.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines, and protocols to ensure the company complies with regulations and good financial practice
- Develop straightforward business cases to quantify current costs, justify project investment, and identify the return on investment.
- Resolve queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on complex processes and the related policies, referring to others where necessary for interpretation of the policy.
- Preparation of timely and accurate Finance/eFass Returns to be rendered to regulators.
- Preparation of accurate prudential & Financial ratios to be sent to regulators.
- Sound knowledge of NDIC premium computation.
- Sound knowledge of Basel II/III ratios and Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) computation.
- First degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.)
- Banking experience would be an added advantage.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience.
- Financial Accounting/ Reporting
- Receivables Management
- Project Management
- Analytical Mind
- Problem Solving
- Ability to stick to Time Constraints.
- Customer Focus