- The Registrar is to provide in-house leadership and coordinate all activities of the institute in accordance with its enabling Law, Regulations and Rules, and its Strategic Plan, as well as implementing decisions of the Governing Council of the Institute.
- The Registrar is directly responsible to the President and the Governing Council for the day to day management of the affairs of the Institute.
- The Registrar is to administratively lead growth and development of the Institute, which involve key activities such as:
- Prepare and maintain a register of names, addresses, approved qualifications and of such other qualifications and particulars of all persons and corporate members who are entitle in accordance with the provisions of the Act of the institute to be enrolled as fellows, members or associate or registered as printing practitioners and who, applies to be so registered.
- Correct in accordance with the Council’s direction any entry in the register which the Council directs him/her to correct as being in the Councils’ opinion an entry which was incorrectly made.
- Make from time to time any necessary alterations to the registered particulars of registered person
- Remove from the relevant part of the register the name of any registered person who has died, or as the case may be cease to be entitle to be registered; and
- Record the names of members of the Institute who are in default for more than four (4) months in the payment of annual subscriptions and to take such action in relation thereto (including removal for the names of defaulters from the register) as the Council may direct.
- Publish and put on sale the list of registered members of the institute to members of the public as approved by the Council.
- Update the published list of members of the institute in each year after that in which a register is first published and put on sales.
- Maintain productive relationships with members of the institute.
- Ensure the day to day smooth running of the secretariat.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post of Registrar is required to possess:
- At least HND/BSc, or its equivalent in Printing Technology from a recognized higher institution;
- A minimum of 10 years cognate post qualification and professional experience, and must have at least 5 years managerial experience in the public and/or private sector of the economy, preferably in academia;
- Must be an Active Certified Member of CIPPON
- A high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations;
- A demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership drive in previous positions; in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skill;
- Strong leadership qualities, immense professional and industry knowledge as well as contacts.
- A considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and judgment on management matters with outstanding experience at management level;
- A capacity to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people;
- A capacity to understand the complexity of the professional organization system and must be able to effectively utilize human resources to attain a world class professional institute status;