We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse Midwife (RNM) to be responsible for working closely with pregnant women, assisting in births, and providing health care to women and infants post pregnancy. The RNM will assist with prenatal care, labor, delivery, and postpartum care, and may also provide reproductive care, treatment, and education to female and male patients.
To be a successful RNM, you should be dedicated and focused on providing top quality care and education to your patients. You should have a strong working knowledge of reproductive concerns as well as a patient, caring, and detail-oriented personality.
Registered Nurse Midwife Responsibilities:
- Working with Gynecologists and Obstetricians to diagnose and treat reproductive health issues.
- Performing routine screenings for male and female patients.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing treatments.
- Assisting mothers and families through attempts to conceive, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitoring the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on contraceptives, reproductive health, and family planning.
- Performing administrative duties, such as taking patient histories, handling appointments, and processing payments.
Registered Nurse Midwife Requirements:
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
- Strong working knowledge of reproductive issues and all stages of conceiving, pregnancy, and birth.
- Familiarity with medical equipment, technology, and computer programs.
- A compassionate and empathetic nature and ability to work with women of all ages and races.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work quickly under stress.
- Flexibility to be on call for emergency situations.