- Reporting to the National Manager, the KAM will be responsible for executing the portfolio strategy for company’s current in-line brands in the region with key responsibilities for:
- Sales of company products or services in a region or geographical area.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our most important clients.
- Managing a team of medical representatives driving sales in the regions.
- He/She will have responsibilities for people management, delivering execution of local campaigns in addition to sales performance and budget responsibility for the region.
- The role will be pivotal in creating an outstanding company image for company products, aligning to company’s ambition to become a pharmaceutical leader in trust and reputation. To this end she/he must ensure full compliance with local legislation, and build transparent and constructive partnerships where appropriate.
- Developing regional business plan and delivering results
- Develop monthly sales plan to enable the delivery of sales expectations in respective region
- Develop and deploy a robust tactical business plan in partnership with key internal stakeholders for your region, capable of delivering significant growth with a portfolio of in-line brands
- Ensure that business plan meets agreed targets while expenses remain within budget.
- Ensure proper monthly accounts reconciliation according to Company policies.
- Develop and Manage Key Accounts
- Ensure incremental growth in customer base and sales of Key Accounts
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner to maintain trust
- Ensure timely products’ delivery to Key Customers/Accounts
- Measure, track and analyze Key Account Metrics
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual business reports to Management on all Key Accounts
- Develop and lead a high performance promotional team by creating a strong team culture through clear guidance, transparency, recognition.
- Personally observe the performance of Medical representatives in the field on a regular basis, providing coaching and developing a training plan in collaboration with human resources and the
- Forge valuable customer relationships with Key Accounts and Customers, supporting medical representatives in their day to day business.
- Monitor the performance of the team by monitoring visits and activities through reports, and using on a monthly basis, the system of KPIs/reports developed by your Manager.
- Ensure all team members are appraised every month & quarter or as required.
- Set individual territory targets and administer the approved performance bonus plan.
- Ensure that all medical representative activities and behaviors are in accordance with local legislation and Support Company’s goal of becoming one of Nigeria’s most trusted pharmaceutical partner.
- Ensure proper territory mapping, customer segmentation and targeting across all portfolios within the region
Forecasting, Monitoring and; Evaluation:
Assess key business accounts and key stakeholders (HCPs, pharmacists, nurses, wholesalers etc) in order to:
- Support annual, quarterly and rolling monthly in-market forecasts for all brands
- Highlight any changes versus forecast and proffer solutions to any shortfall.
4. Local functions: Reps, National Managers & External Consultants, Sales Admin,Finance, HR
5. HCPs, Pharmacists, Nurses, Key Opinion Leaders
6. Key accounts, Procurement Agencies & Institutions
8. Retail(Large retail/Chain)
9. Government agencies
This role requires extensive travel within your region.
10. A pharmacy degree or advanced degree (MBA, MSc. marketing, Business Management) would be advantageous
11. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Sales & Marketing
12. Significant sales experience with pharmaceutical products, having proven business success over a number of cycles.
13. Prior line management experience or development through training related to management skills would be beneficial
14. Fluency in English and one or more local languages could be beneficial
15. Prior experience with Customers/Accounts in respective regions will be beneficial
16. Ideally with an entrepreneurial mindset, a self-starter and excellent problem-solver
17. Ability to plan an prioritize own work to meet quality standards and deadlines
18. Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
19. Strong negotiation skills
20. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications
21. Desire to work as part of a small, cohesive and collaborative team
NB: This role is for candidates in Lagos, Abuja and Owerri