- Work closely with regional partners like GIABA and ARINWA in identifying needs, developing, and implementing innovative measures for combating illicit financial flows with the involvement of relevant national and regional authorities.
- Follow up on supported initiatives while advising on proper implementation and achieving results.
- Engage and supervise consultants and fulfilment of their tasks in consultation with the Coordinator and Team Leader NWA hub for achieving the program objectives
- provide technical backstopping to officials involved in the implementation of activities related to the program.
- provide professional advice to enhance cooperation among all stakeholders
- integrate results and experiences into the team and the work of relevant partners and stakeholders.
The regional advisor performs the following tasks:
- Implements the activities with regional partners in close collaboration with the NWA team
- Supports partners like GIABA and ARINWA in organising activities and facilitating training of their members.
- Ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards
- Contributes to the programme’s short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as well as contribute to the programme’s monitoring, reporting and knowledge management
- Identifies needs, develops terms of reference, sources regional and international experts, supervises their effective delivery of the contracted tasks and ensures quality control
1. Networking and cooperation:
The regional advisor takes care of:
- the strategic development and management of key relationships with partners
- the support, cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with regional inter-governmental and non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment
- communicating regional interests and efforts and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme partners
2. Knowledge management:
- Ensures knowledge transfer in the programme
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Formulates appropriate input for program reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the regional coordinator, NWA team leader or programme manager
- Assists with research activities and studies on issues to support programme implementation and learning.
- Compiles information on the implementation of partners’ work plans and ensures knowledge transfer
3. Coordination tasks:
- Assists with project planning and develops project concepts and strategies including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Assists in coordinating and prioritising relevant project activities at the technical level (in the West Africa region) in cooperation with the partners, both as regards the organisational preparation and implementation of the activities
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- M.Sc./B.Sc. in University degree in law, financial sector/accountancy, administrative sciences, economics or a similar discipline
- At least 7 years professional field experience in the development context or international cooperation in criminal matters or rule of law.
- Relevant experience acquired through working with law enforcement agencies, asset recovery agencies, FSRBs, or other stakeholders in the AML/CFT context
- Knowledge and understanding of FATF and its recommendations
- Experience with GIZ or another body of international cooperation
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Practical knowledge of ICT technologies (related financial software, database and data management systems);
- Fluent written and oral mastery of the English language (team language), French would be an asset;
- Proven analytical, organizational, problem solving and change management skills;
- Excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse stakeholder landscape;
- High degree of political sensitivity in the context of complex consulting relationships;
- Team player, able to work both independently and as part of a team in a highly diverse and agile working environment
- Willingness to travel (abroad) regularly
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.