The candidate will be responsible for building, nurturing and maintaining effective relationships with High Schools to support the recruitment of students into the university’s programmes. Responsible for recruitment of qualified students onto Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:2 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. School Relations and Engagement:
- To network with heads of schools, colleges, external organisations, agents and other stakeholders to establish and develop a robust recruitment supply chain and maximize student recruitment and conversion.
- To organise High School Outreach activities that will engage high school students (normally between 11 and 16). Outreach activities include Higher Education recruitment fairs, Open Days, School Visits and hosting visits to campus (Campus Tours), Parents’ Evenings, enquiry management and associated activities.
- To provide information, advice and guidance activities that provide guidance about higher education to high school students. These will be delivered both out in schools, as well as Office walk-ins.
- To provide needed administrative and logistical support in delivering wider recruitment and outreach activities, representing the university to potential students, parents, Heads of Schools, teachers and School Counsellors, and act as a persuasive ambassador for TAG Ghana and programmes of the university.
- To develop new activities and materials as required, working closely with relevant academic departments and colleagues in Marketing, Business Development and Recruitment teams.
- To liaise closely with academic and support services staff on campus to ensure that they serve effective points of contact for great student experience for prospective students.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with students and alumni to help with recruitment and admissions activities.
- To develop collaborative working relationships across the campus including with Student Ambassadors, Marketing & Recruitment, Student Affairs, Academic Departments, Finance, HR & Events, Careers & Business Development, and across the wider university, as required to meet company objectives.
2. Lead Management and Analysis:
- To use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to record school relations and engagement activities and details of prospective students, and to work with the Marketing & PR team on recruitment campaigns to promote activities to those students.
- Lead the team to act as a port of call, responding to admission enquiries from potential students and parents/guardians on the admissions process.
- Provide relevant information and advice to applicants on programme choices and other aspects of the admissions process.
3. Applications Management:
- Provide advice and support to applicants throughout the admissions process that positively influences their views to translate into enrolment.
- Use TAG CRM systems to engage with enquiries and applicants to optimize and manage their experience through the application process and ensure a successful conversion rate.
- Ensure that prospective students’ certificates have been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Reply to standard admissions mails and refer non-standard mail to appropriate persons.
- Maintain records on the database of applications received, offers made and uptake.
- Send out appropriate correspondence to applicants regarding scholarships, etc. and liaising as appropriate.
- Ensure that prospective students receive appropriate pre-arrival information and other vital documentation (English language certificates) has been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Facilitate the application process in a straightforward and efficient way to convert applications to enrolment.
- Organise and run information sessions for prospective students interested in finding out more about programmes of the university.
- Support students in their induction and orientation to ensure a positive start to their “Student Journey”.
- Ensure that prospective postgraduate students receive relevant pre-arrival information that will enhance the great student experience.
- Follow up with leads at all stages of the pipeline that have become unresponsive to reignite their interest.
5. Supervisory/Managerial Duties:
- Liaise with Recruitment & Admissions Manager – Ghana to set performance targets for team members and monitor their performance.
- Supervise team members activities.
- Motivate and guide team members to deliver on set targets/objectives.
- Identify the learning and development needs of team members in order to offer appropriate interventions.
- Serve as the main contact person for the implementation of marketing campaigns and activities in Nigeria.
- Prepare and manage the department’s annual budget.
- Administer discipline, when necessary.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Contribute to and promote the TAG brand.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken in accordance with quality standards and assurance framework of regulatory bodies (such GTEC, BAC, TAG, LU etc.).
- Submit monthly work plan to Line Manager with a copy to Human Resource department
- Submit monthly School Relations & Engagement report to Line Manager
- Submit monthly MIS Reports
- Submit quarterly MIS Report for Board Pack
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)/ Performance Assessment Criteria:
Your performance as Recruitment & Admissions Manager will be assessed in consideration of the following benchmarks:
- Your contributions to the overall target of the Recruitment & Admissions department.
- Achievement of your assigned target for the period.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and maintaining a strong relationship with Heads of Schools, School Counsellors and other stakeholders which has significantly improved school engagements.
- Evidence of developing strong relationships with schools and potential applicants, parents who have impacted positively on lead generation and thereby maximized conversion rates into enrolment target.
- Evidence of continuous improvement in recruitment processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering high-quality service to students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Execution of assigned duties within timelines, while ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Development of relationships within and outside the team, and positive feedback from colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certification in Sales and/or Marketing, Customer Service.
- Working knowledge of Higher Education systems, in particular school relations, engagement, and recruitment cycles.
- Excellent knowledge of the university’s programme portfolio and entry/admission requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of student recruitment processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural differences and how to manage these in the context of student recruitment and marketing.
- Awareness of the business education market and finance education sector.
- Strong interest in delivering high-end services.
- Significant working knowledge and experience in sales, marketing and customer care.
- Experience in applying sales/engagement/conversion techniques.
- Collaborative team player with experience working in a dynamic multi-cultural organisation.
1. Planning and Organizing Skills:
- Experience in planning, prioritizing and organizing work on daily, weekly and monthly basis, individually and as part of a team, while ensuring the effective use of resources and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop annual evidence-based operational recruitment plans and campaigns to deliver on a long-term strategic plan.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with experience in managing a large range of different stakeholders
2. Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate and adjust information that needs careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate with credibility, tact and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills Required
- Experience in using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, that may be predictable but not routine, identifying practical and suitable solutions.
3. IT Skills Required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Competent in the use of CRM databases and spreadsheets
- Proficient in internet use