- Researches transactional anomalies and analyzes information produced to detect any patterns of unusual internal or external conduct, identify risk policy breakdowns, and recognize fraudulent activities.
- Manages a high volume caseload and investigates allegations and issues pertaining to financial fraud.
- Documents investigations, including preliminary and final case reports, for both internal tracking and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Maintains liaison relationship with local, state, and federal Law Enforcement and prosecutes suspects that conduct criminal activity. Attends court hearings when required.
- Works with various departments to identify and eliminate fraud in an expeditious manner to minimize loss to the Credit Union and its’ members.
- Performs account and loan reviews of credit union members and employees as warranted to control existing fraud risks.
- Builds relationships with Compliance and Legal Departments, effectively communicating and transferring information for case investigations.
- Responsible for developing investigative plans, gathering and evaluating facts, conducting investigative interviews, writing investigative reports, handling calls of an emergency nature, and interacting with the law enforcement/intelligence community.
- Effectively communicates and provides fraud/investigative reporting with team members, leaders, and others involved in the credit union system.
- Assists team members of the front line and back-office functions with questions/concerns on identified instances of fraud or potential fraud provides guidance to team members on the appropriate course of action.
- Creates and delivers fraud training of all staff for organization-wide fraud awareness.
- Bachelor Degree in Risk Management, Banking, or related field required
- Two (2) years of funds recovery experience is required.
- Experience with electronic investigations including but not limited to online banking.